Tax Controversy and Collections
Primuth & Driskell, LLP, is an effective tax dispute advocate for individuals, private corporations and partnerships, foundations, and tax-exempt entities. We handle Internal Revenue Service audits, protest letters and position papers contesting tax adjustments and penalties, administrative proceedings, assessment appeals, federal and state tax refund and deficiency litigation, disputes concerning employees and related taxes, and estate and gift tax disputes that include the valuation of closely held and family businesses. When tax disputes become lawsuits, we represent clients in the United States Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and federal district courts.
What Makes Us Different
We get to know our client, its officers and owners, and other team members in order to provide effective representation before the taxing agency. We work with you to determine the most advantageous path to resolution, whether that be settlement, conference, administrative hearing, offer in compromise, or litigation – all of which we can assist with.
- Corporations, partnerships, nonprofit organizations and foundations
- Mid-sized, small, and family-owned businesses
- Medical, legal, and financial professionals
- International clients
- Tax-exempt and government entities
- Employment tax compliance matters, including classification of workers as employees or independent contractors, FICA, FUTA, and wage withholding issues
- Estate, gift, and fiduciary tax disputes
- State and local tax issues
- Real property taxation
- State and local taxes
What You Can Expect from Us
Tax issues can make even the most experienced individual or business owner nervous. We will work with you to make sure your questions are answered, and prepare your case in the way most likely to lead to success. Our team’s skill and ability to draw upon the expertise of specialists in other departments of our firm ensure that you will have a comprehensive, effective plan to combat your tax matter.