Services / Business & Corporate
Primuth, Driskell & Terzian, LLP, has comprehensive capabilities to assist clients ranging from small, closely held businesses to large companies with complex needs. Clients know that we are knowledgeable, pragmatic, and results-oriented. We consider ourselves your business partner, with a personal commitment to the achievement of your business’s goals.
How We Are Different
We know that people want their legal needs addressed by the same lawyer or group of lawyers on a consistent basis. That legal team must understand the inner workings of each client’s business to effectively be part of the team.
We don’t embrace a “one-size-fits-all” approach, because we know there is an ideal working relationship between you and our firm. We provide consistent, responsive service, along with a results-oriented approach to your matter, regardless of size or complexity.
- We have commercial clients across the U.S. and abroad.
- We serve as outside general counsel to various privately held and family-owned companies.
- The majority of our clients are small-to-middle market companies with revenues ranging from $5 million to $15 million.
Why You Benefit
When you sit down with us the first time, lawyers at Primuth, Driskell & Terzian, LLP, ask questions to gain an in-depth understanding of your unique requirements, which will deepen with the duration of our working relationship. Each company has a different story and different objectives, and we work to take the time to learn about both your business and your goals.
- Advice on choosing the appropriate form of business entity – corporation, general or limited partnership, limited liability company, professional corporation, joint venture, or individual proprietorship – all while keeping in mind operational and tax efficiency.
- Guidance on structuring efficient sales, supply or licensing agreements, consulting or similar business arrangements, and other essential contracts and relationships, so that your business interests are protected.
- Counseling on the fiduciary duties of officers and directors, including the proper powers of board members, their interaction with management, and their responsibilities to shareholders.
- Assistance with transfer of business control, whether through development of succession plans, responding to recapitalization offers, or handling business sale or dissolution arrangements.
- Assistance with the purchase of competitors, other business entities, or expansion strategy and plans.
- Collaboration with privately owned and family-owned businesses and their management to develop appropriate entity structures, financial strategies, and succession plans.
- Advice to board members regarding committee structure, indemnification rights, and D&O insurance.
- Help to resolve shareholder disputes, conduct shareholder meetings, and respond to shareholder derivative actions.
- Assistance with disclosure, compensation, and compliance matters.
What You Can Expect from Us
At Primuth, Driskell & Terzian, LLP, we have the right blend of legal skills and experience, along with creativity and strategic vision, to provide perceptive advice at the right time to our clients and their key decision makers. Our client-focused culture begins with clients and their needs. Whether we hire a new law school graduate or an experienced lawyer from another firm, all of our professionals embrace our firm’s philosophy of building a legal practice through the establishment of long-term client relationships.