Primuth & Driskell, LLP, understands the legal, organizational, and governance challenges that plague the missions of nonprofit clients. We have the experience and focused knowledge to advise nonprofits of all sizes in a wide range of economic sectors, from cultural organizations to private foundations.
We are committed to helping our nonprofit clients secure and maintain tax-exempt status and remain in full compliance with their Internal Revenue Code, federal, and state obligations – all while fulfilling their organizational and public-purpose mission. We recognize how essential it is to be relationship-driven, and are always available to answer questions and provide confidential advice as a trusted colleague and not just a vendor.
What Makes Us Different
Tax issues are fundamental to nonprofit operations, and due to our extensive work with a diversity of exempt organizations, few tax problems are new to us. We find that our experience dealing with legal issues in one nonprofit business sector enables us to help our clients in other sectors.
Our broad tax and nonprofit focus allows us to confidently advise on such concerns as organizational structure and transactions. We work with the family members and advisory board of small family foundations to make sure your needs are met, and your foundation protected.
- Small and large nonprofits concerned with maintaining their tax-exempt status while having us advise them on unrelated business income concerns.
- Private nonprofit foundations, especially those formed for estate planning and charitable giving.
- Museums, cultural organizations, societies, universities, and other nonprofit entities with high public visibility.
Why You Benefit
Primuth & Driskell, LLP, fully understands nonprofit needs and operational concerns, including governance issues (from determining compensation, avoiding self-dealing, and conflict of interest concerns), as well as officer and director liability. We pride ourselves on our comprehensive approach and integrated tax planning, transactional assistance, knowledge of employment law, employee benefit advice, and general business guidance. We know that maintaining your tax-exempt status is of paramount importance to you, and use our in-depth knowledge of the law governing tax-exempt entities to ensure both full compliance and efficient operation.
- Obtaining, maintaining, and reinstating tax-exempt status.
- Preparing and filing Forms 990, 990-PF, and other forms filed with the IRS detailing mission, programs, and finances.
- Advising on issues of unrelated business income.
- Guidance on property tax exemptions, employee benefits matters, tax controversies, and audits specifically involving nonprofit organizations.
- General business and operational advice.
- Dispute resolution representation.
What You Can Expect from Us
We know that nonprofits have unique needs, and we are there every step of the way. We regularly review nonprofit corporate documents to ensure that they correctly reflect changes in the tax laws, taking into account the organization’s needs and mission. Primuth & Driskell, LLP, will make sure your organization is protected.